The Director and Senior Instructor at the Academy of Realist Art, Fernando Freitas has close to 20 years of teaching experience. He also conducts drawing and painting workshops throughout North America and Europe, as well as works on portrait commissions. Most recently, his work can be seen on the hit NBC show Hannibal. Fernando has produced two highly regarded instructional DVDs: Drawing the Figure and The Bargue Drawing Companion which are available through the ARA website.
Be the first to know about our newest workshops and upcoming events.
Get "The Bargue Method" PDF FREE by joining our list!
Read the latest ARA news and be the first to know about our newest workshops and upcoming events.
FREE with your Subscription: Get The Bargue Method Article as originaly published in Drawing magazine.
- Geometries, harmonies, and proportions: How Vermeer’s The Milkmaid is far more than an image of a woman pouring milk
- We’ve moved to the Columbus Centre! Our first classes at our new location start Saturday, November 2, 2019.
- ARA students and faculty shortlisted in 14th International ARC Salon Competition
- Documenting ARA: Filmmakers capture our energy and intensity in new documentary
- ARA students and faculty shortlisted in 13th International ARC Salon Competition